It was pretty apparent early on that Mary DuBuission would be given the gift to represent District 90 for four more years.
Surrounded by her family, friends, volunteers and supporters at the Wine Garden in Olde Towne, Slidell, Mary hugged and kissed her husband, Eric (also known as Mr. Mary). She took the mic and said “No matter what happened tonight, this was going to be a great because of all the love in this room!”
In true Louisiana State Representative form, Mary quickly turned her attention to business. “We have a lot of work to do.” We need to take care of our Veterans,” she said.
State Representative DuBuission then thanked everyone for their donations, time and talents with a special guest sharing the “stage”, her mother.
State Representative DuBuission closed with “You’re stuck with me for the next 4 years and I couldn’t be happier!” with the crowd erupting in cheers.
Staff Report • SEP 19, 2019
The Oct. 12 primaries across Louisiana are chock-full of major issues and races.
Below are some of the races and links to The Advocate’s election preview coverage. Visit geauxvote.com for the full list of candidates and propositions.
The letter next to each candidate’s name stands for their party. R for Republican, D for Democrat, I for Independent, L for Libertarian or N for no party.
CLICK HERE to get a personalized ballot and voting location information.
CLICK HERE to register to vote (The deadline for this election is September 21).
October 12, 2019
The following is important information for the October 12. Open Primary Election:
- The deadline to register to vote in person or by mail is Sept. 11
- The deadline to register to vote through the GeauxVote Online Registration System is September 21.
- Early voting is Sept. 28-Oct. 5 (except Sunday, Sept. 29) from 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- The deadline to request an absentee by mail ballot is Oct. 8 by 4:30 p.m. Voters can request an absentee by mail ballot online through our Voter Portal or in writing through your Registrar of Voters Office (other than military and overseas voters).
- The deadline for a registrar of voters to receive a voted mail ballot is Oct. 11 by 4:30 p.m. (other than military and overseas voters).
- Click here to see information for run-off
SEP 18, 2019
Voters in eastern St. Tammany Parish’s 90th House District may have a sense of deja vu when they go to the polls on Oct. 12.
In December 2018, they elected Mary DuBuisson over John Raymond to fill the unexpired term of Greg Cromer, who left his House seat to become Slidell mayor.
DuBuisson and Raymond will face off again in next month’s election to determine who will represent the district for the next four years. The two Republicans are joined on the ballot by political newcomer Heide Alejandro-Smith, a Libertarian.
To find out who your legislators are; follow bills; watch committees as they are meeting, or archives, and many other things that may be of interest to you, please visit: legis.la.gov